Responsible for managing and maintaining the building, equipment maintenance and production engineering functions for the manufacturing facility. Ensures maximum production and quantity and quality while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. Provides technical leadership and training to staff.
Primary/major job responsibilities that will be performed by this job.
· Evaluates and determines root cause for unplanned equipment downtime and ensures corrective action is taken to remedy the immediate issue and long-term preventive action addresses systemic issues.
· Partners with production to accommodate predictive maintenance activities, minimize downtime and scrap, and provide feedback regarding the status and availability of product equipment.
· Ensures all equipment (Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, and appliances) is fully operational and in safe working order.
· Manages maintenance and equipment vendors.
· Ensures that technicians are adequately trained and equipped to perform maintenance activities in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
· Supports the design of new and updated products by ensuring that products can be produced as quickly and cost effective as possible.
· Reviews drawings/schematics and works with design engineers to understand the purpose for various parts/components. Makes recommendations regarding design changes in equipment, materials, or processes to enhance production.
· Creates computer modes to simulate different ways in which manufacturing could be made more efficient.
· Provides prototype assistance and trouble shooting.
· Consults with plant /manufacturing staff to determine tool specifications and requirements. Coordinates priorities and guarantees work flows with other departments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The minimum education and experience required to successfully perform the essential functions. Preferred requirements can also be included in this section.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Engineering or related field
- 5 years of engineering machine shop and equipment maintenance experience.
- 3 years of leadership experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and maintain preventive maintenance programs.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Skills, abilities, or special licenses needed to perform the job (software, professional certifications, drivers’ license, languages, etc.)
· Proven ability to clearly communicate and lead a team
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Prior experience establishing process improvement and preventive maintenance programs
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, logic drawings, and technical manuals
· Ability to solve practical problems, and clearly communicate tasks
· Strong knowledge of HVAC and building infrastructures
· Experience using manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment
Describe the level of decision making and extent that this job can structure objectives/activities and affect outcomes.
Defines team operating standards and ensures essential procedures are followed based on knowledge of own discipline. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager.
· Works predominantly on the manufacturing floor. May be exposed to heat, electrical and mechanical hazards, noise, solvents, dust, dirt, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, etc.
· Climbing, stooping, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing and ability to move material weighing up to 60 lbs
· Ability to perform basic preventive maintenance tasks on tools and equipment
· Ability to use of hand tools, power tools, gas torches and measuring instruments
· Ability to read blueprints, technical manuals and use measuring equipment
· Requires standing for prolonged periods of time
· Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
· Typically work is in an office environment where the noise level is low to moderate
· Requires standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time
· Ability to lift boxes/materials weighing up to 10 lbs
· Requires telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other employees and customers
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com