Under general supervision, performs the design, layout, testing, and evaluation of product related devices or systems. Performs product development activities including drawing layout and interpretation and implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements.
Primary/major job responsibilities that will be performed by this job.
· Designs, fabricates, modifies and evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical components, sub-systems and systems.
· Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations for presentation and approval.
· Examines solutions to product and/or process problems.
· Coordinates the efforts of drafters/designers, engineering technicians, and model maker as required by assigned projects.
· Conducts some independent technical investigations involving the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications and requirements.
· Provides existing product line support in design activities and/or modification.
· Performs necessary design engineering calculations to meet product specifications and ensure proper product function and reliability.
· Understands and assists in the fabrication, installation, operation, application, maintenance, and repair of products. Checks that all equipment is in accordance with the quality and safety standards.
· Technical responsibility for planning, organizing and conducting technical projects or phases of projects involving design and development of new or improved product and/or processes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or related field
3 to 5 years of applicable mechanical engineering experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in testing techniques is required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Skills, abilities, or special licenses needed to perform the job (software, professional certifications, drivers’ license, languages, etc.)
· Knowledge of engineering principles and advanced mathematics
· Knowledge of test equipment and measurement instrumentation
· Familiarity with manufacturing processes and ability to apply them to the structure of bills of materials
· Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities
· Analytical, detailed oriented with ability to manage time and tasks appropriately
· General computer skills with a working knowledge of database, spreadsheet, and word processing applications.
· Team oriented and collaborative
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems.
Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org