Responsible for assuring quality in all phases of the manufacturing process from suppliers to customers and for preventing defects. Administers internal quality controls to ensure established quality procedures are followed. Conducts quality analysis, monitors and records inconsistencies with quality procedures. Assists in the development of new methods and procedures.
Primary/major job responsibilities that will be performed by this job.
· Develops and implements methods and procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection to ensure that the products are free of flaws and function as designed
· Analyzes quality standards for components, materials or services. Inspects, verifies and validates components or materials used in the development processes. Identifies and addresses recurring problems either with the quality of the product or the reliability of testing procedures.
· Documents quality issues and performance measures for management review.
· Recommends corrections in technical applications and analysis. Specifies materials, equipment and supplies required for completion and implementation of technical projects.
· Collaborates with suppliers to assure the quality of their products, materials, components and/or operations. Follows up with suppliers on quality deviations and ensures that solutions are identified and implemented
· Monitors supplier performance and supports efforts to develop and implement changes to improve the production process. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
· Analyzes reports and defective products to determine trends and recommend corrective actions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical or related engineering field
5 years of experience maintaining and implementing quality control practices and procedures in a manufacturing environment operation.
Knowledge 8D problem solving techniques and quality, quality tools.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Skills, abilities, or special licenses needed to perform the job (software, professional certifications, drivers’ license, languages, etc.)
· Understanding of engineering theory and principles of design
· Familiarity with ISO and Lean principals (5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping) and CAD.
· Ability to use quality inspection equipment including but not limited to: depth gage, calipers, micrometer, product gages, and CMM preferred.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes related to fabrication of metal products
· Effective oral and written communications skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Ability to read blueprints, diagrams, schematics and technical manuals
Describe the level of decision making and extent that this job can structure objectives/activities and affect outcomes.
Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com