Temp to Perm
Responsible for the preparation, filing, and payment of sales and use tax returns. Reconciles general ledger tax accounts, responds to governmental notices, performs tax research and various projects as assigned.
Primary/major job responsibilities that will be performed by this job.
· Prepares and files Sales and Use tax returns with the appropriate tax authorities. Ensures returns and payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Performs sales and use tax audits. Reviews Accounts Payable invoices to determine applicable sales use tax. Audits invoices to insure Use Tax is being accrued properly.
· Documents and maintains compliance processes and procedures.
· Prepares reconciliations of sales and use tax general ledger accounts
· Researches sales and use tax Issues. Identifies and reconciles discrepancies, clears errors, and performs route-cause analysis.
· Prepares property tax returns and business license renewals
· Tracks and responds to notifications received from taxing authorities as well as responds to customer and vendor related questions. Communicates with tax firms and provides proper documentation/support.
· Reviews Client Contracts and understands taxable versus exempt services
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degrees in Accounting, Finance or related field and two years of sales and use tax experience.
Experience with an ERP system (preferably Microsoft Dynamics). Strong attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.
Basic accounting knowledge with account reconciliation experience and journal entry preparation.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Strong knowledge of basic accounting principles (GAAP)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to present tax related issues to management
· Ability to build strong relationships within finance and across the organization.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; constantly looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org