Under general supervision, researches, writes, edits, indexes or revises technical documentation.
Primary/major job responsibilities that will be performed by this job.
· Creates and revises technical documentation to support the marketing, operation, repair, and maintenance of company products.
· Analyzes and interprets engineering drawings as well as other technical data to translate information into technical documentation.
· Communicates complex information clearly, concisely and accurately.
· Proofreads and edits documents to ensure information is complete and up-to-date.
· Works closely with project managers, engineers, and other technical staff to clarify and create technical copy for product information and specifications.
· Evaluates illustrations and graphics to determine how to best utilize them within documentation.
· Updates documentation on the internet, intranet and share point as needed.
· Ensures consistency in documentation across multiple publications regarding terminology, style and editorial quality standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Business or related field
2 years of technical writing and editing experience or an equivalent combo of education and experience.
Experience developing manuals, user guides, and/or product specifications is required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Excellent grammar, verbal and written communication skills
· Skill in using Adobe, Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator or comparable editing software
· Knowledge and application of standard document formatting
· Knowledge of information gathering, planning, and organizing methods and principles
· Ability to work independently, organize assigned work and manage time
Applies experience and skills to complete assigned work within own area of expertise. Works within standard operating procedures.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org