This is a 2nd Shift role. The hours are 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Under general supervision, responsible for programming numeric controlled production
equipment. Develops operation sequences and provides recommendations for improving
efficiency and processes. Maintains documentation on assigned projects.
Primary/major job responsibilities that will be performed by this job.
• Programs and operates various conventional and/or CNC (computerized numerical
control) manufacturing equipment for tasks such as cutting, punching, drilling, tapping
and bending to fabricate, form or shape manufactured parts from raw materials.
• Mounts, installs, aligns, and secures tools, attachments, and fixtures on machines, using
hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
• Reviews program specifications or blueprints to select and measures raw materials and
parts, set machine operation and sequencing to achieve appropriate finished work piece dimensions.
• Aggregates production jobs whenever possible to optimize machine and raw material utilization and minimize waste.
• Uses CAD/CAM system to convert engineering drawing and change orders into machine usable programs.
• Implement changes to machine programs and enter new specifications. Sets up future
jobs while machines are operating. Makes adjustments to jobs as needed based on production requirements.
• Manufactures sufficient quantities of quality products to adhere to the production schedule to prevent down time on the assembly production line.
• Performs minor troubleshooting and repair work to equipment as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The minimum education and experience required to successfully perform the essential functions. Preferred
requirements can also be included in this section.
Associates degree and three years of CNC programming experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strongly prefer electrical, PLC
Experience programming Amada equipment is strongly desired.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Skills, abilities, or special licenses needed to perform the job (software, professional certifications, drivers’
license, languages, etc.)
• Ability to operate a variety of machine tools and measuring instruments
• Knowledge of safe working practices
• Ability to read, understand and interrupt blueprint and technical drawings
• Proficient with personal computers
• Good problem-solving and Kaizen skills
Describe the level of decision making and extent that this job can structure objectives/activities and affect outcomes.
Applies experience and skills to complete assigned work within own area of expertise. Works within standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods. Works with a moderate degree of supervision.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com