Hoshizaki America, Inc. KMEdge Ice Machine Series Receives a National Restaurant Association® 2018 Kitchen Innovations® (KI) Award
This prestigious foodservice industry award recognizes innovative new equipment that delivers advances in temperature control, food safety and more.
February 22, 2018 (Peachtree City, GA)
– Hoshizaki America, Inc. is proud to announce that it received the 2018 Kitchen Innovations (KI) Award for progressive equipment that increases efficiencies and productivity for back-of-the-house operations and benefits restaurant operators. Hoshizaki’s KMEdge ice machine series will be showcased in the interactive Kitchen Innovations Showroom at the 2018 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show
®, to be held May 19-22 in Chicago at McCormick Place.
The KMEdge energy efficient design begins at the heart of the icemaker – the evaporator. KMEdge models employ a one-piece, dual-sided stainless steel evaporator that surrounds oval-shaped copper heating/cooling tubing, optimizing surface contact area for better hold/cold transfer. The result is harder, clearer ice and higher ice production in fewer cycles, increasing ice machine reliability.
The new control board incorporates custom programming that self-diagnoses any irregularity in freeze times due to the most common field issues (low water pressure, bin control malfunction, and cold incoming water.) If an irregularity is detected, the ice machine will automatically initiate a 10 minute defrost/melt cycle. If more than 3 freeze-ups in 36 hours are detected, the machine will prompt service needed via LED blinking light.
“The KI Award recipients are innovators in back-of-house operations and work tirelessly to improve the challenges faced by restaurant operators,” says Dickie Brennan, Convention Chair for NRA Show 2018 and owner/managing partner of Dickie Brennan & Company, whose restaurant group includes Tableau, Palace Café, Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse, and Bourbon House. “For fourteen years, the industry has admired KI Award recipients and their contribution to making our foodservice industry even better.”
The 2018 KI Award recipients reflect the trends and topics most important to foodservice operators today. The 22 selected innovations address operator concerns from labor, energy and water efficiency to food safety, sanitation, cross-functionality and space-saving. New software and new materials continue to make new solutions possible.
The 2018 Kitchen Innovations Award recipients can be viewed here: https://show.restaurant.org/exhibitors/ki-awards/
About the KI Awards
An independent panel of industry experts comprised of internationally-recognized food facilities consultants, multi-unit restaurant executives and design experts select the KI Award recipients. The 2018 Kitchen Innovations judges are:
- Dan Bendall (Principal, FoodStrategy, Inc.)
- David Chislett, FCSI (Executive Principal, Ricca Design Studios)
- Jeff Cook (Chief Engineer, Restaurant Solutions Group, McDonald’s Corporation)
- Richard Eisenbarth, FCSI (President / COO, Cini-Little International)
- Foster F. Frable, Jr., FCSI Associate AIA (President, Clevenger Frable LaVallee)
- Randy Homer (Program Manager, Food & Beverage Operations Asset Management, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts)
- Jim Krueger, Jr., CMCE, NRAMF (Chief, Air Force Food & Beverage Policy, Procedures, Business Development & Strategic Initiatives Air Force Services Activity (AFSVA) Food & Beverage Branch)
- Aaron Lamotte (Senior Director, Performance Interiors, Sodexo Performance Interiors)
- Steve Otto (Director, Capital Equipment Purchasing, Darden)
As the global restaurant and hospitality industry’s premier trade show, the NRA Show brings together more restaurant and hospitality buyers and equipment manufacturers than any other industry event. To register, please visit Restaurant.org/Attend/Registration
. For more information about the KI program and this year’s award recipients, visit Restaurant.org/Show/KI
About Hoshizaki America, Inc.
HOSHIZAKI is the world leader in the design, manufacturing, and marketing of a wide range of products for the foodservice industry including ice machines, refrigerators, freezers, prep tables, display cases and dispensers. Our attention to detail, continuous innovation, smart application of technology and commitment to the highest standards – ensures that our customers have exceptional quality products. With corporate headquarters in Peachtree City, Georgia and a second manufacturing facility in Griffin, Georgia, Hoshizaki America, Inc. employs over 700 people nationwide. Hoshizaki has been awarded the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence multiple years in a row for their continued leadership in protecting our environment through superior energy efficiency achievements. For more information, visit www.hoshizakiamerica.com
and find us on Twitter
About the National Restaurant Association
Founded in 1919, the National Restaurant Association is the leading business association for the restaurant industry, which comprises one million restaurant and foodservice outlets and a workforce of more than 14 million employees. We represent the industry in Washington, D.C., and advocate on its behalf. We operate the industry’s largest annual trade show (NRA Show
May 19-22, 2018, in Chicago); leading food safety training and certification program (ServSafe
); and a unique career-building high school program (the NRAEF’s ProStart
). For more information, visit Restaurant.org
and find us on Twitter @WeRRestaurants